I wanted to create a quick series with simple explanations of Network Devices and how they fit in Network environments. I hope this helps anyone that is starting their IT Career Journey.
I think that if you are looking to start a career in IT, Networking, Information Security, Cloud, or any other specialty, this series will help you.
Here is the breakdown of the topics created under the Series:
- The Basics of Networking | Network Elements | Routers
- The Basics of Networking | Network Elements | Switches
- The Basics of Networking | Network Elements | Firewalls and NGWF
- The Basics of Networking | Network Elements | Access Points
- The Basics of Networking | Network Elements | Wireless LAN Controllers
- The Basics of Networking | Network Elements | Endpoints, Servers, and Computers
What is next?
I’m on a quick or long journey of creating content for anyone that wants to learn how to get into IT, my background is mainly in Networking and I believe that networking is the first step to getting into IT. I also use this content as guidance for students I personally teach.
Keeping a place like my blog is the best way of keeping notes for myself.
I believe that Information Security and Cloud Technologies are what learners should look at as go-to IT Careers, but IT has many fields and many specialties, which make it very diverse as a career.
About the Author:
Andres Sarmiento, CCIE # 53520
With over 18 years of professional experience, Andres is a specialist in Unified Communications and Collaboration technologies, Enterprise Networks, and Network Security. He has consulted for numerous companies in South Florida, including Financial Institutions, on behalf of Cisco Systems. Andres has played a key role in several high-profile implementations, utilizing Cisco technologies such as Data Center, UC & Collaboration, Contact Center Express, Routing & Switching, Security, and Hosted IPT Service Provider infrastructures.